Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Corgan Has More Pumpkins To Be Smashed

Geoff Trainor

I know it pains you that Casey and I have been absent this past week. Well, we were fighting tyranny and oppression in a far off land, and have made a return with news from the enemy. Well, maybe not, but still...

Today Billy Corgan, formerly of Smashing Pumpkins and Zwan, released his solo album, TheFutureEmbrace. While I have not heard anything from it, and was not a fan of Zwan so much, it is likely worth checking out. I mean, any man that can pull off the Lex Luthor look deserves a little respect.

Lex Luthor (L) and Billy Corgan (R)

Lex Luthor Billy Corgan

You must be thinking, "Why the hell would be come out of hiding with such little to give", and my answer is this:

The band that broke our hearts in 2000 with the announcement of its split will soon be back to bring us more, or so Corgan hopes. Billy Corgan has announced that he wants to reform the band that brought him into our homes. That's right, a Smashing Pumpkins reunion is just around the corner. Corgan, or Billy C as I like to call him, took out a whole page in the Chicago Tribune and had this to say,

"When I played the final Smashing Pumpkins show on the night of December 2, 2000, I walked off the stage believing that I was forever leaving a piece of my life behind. I naively tried to start a new band, but found that my heart wasn?t in it. I moved away to pursue a love that I once had but got lost. SO I moved back home to heal what was broken in me, and to my surprise I found what I was looking or. I found that my heart is in Chicago, and that my heart is in the Smashing Pumpkins."

"For a year now I have walked around with a secret, a secret I chose to keep. But now I want you to be among the first to know that I have made plans to renew and revive the Smashing Pumpkins. I want my band back, and my songs, and my dreams. In this desire I feel I have come home again.?"

This news, for me, is more exciting than that of Pink Floyd's reunion. Now, I must flee, I think the enemy is onto me.

Smashing Pumpkins - 1979
Smashing Pumpkins - Today
Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm

Comments on "Corgan Has More Pumpkins To Be Smashed"


Blogger Casey Dorrell said ... (21/6/05 11:23 pm) : 

Nothing like getting news from your own site, I say.

(He also does a mean moby impersonation)


Anonymous mOe said ... (22/6/05 1:27 am) : 

all is now right in the world.

(not necissarily because smashing pumpkins are reuniting again)


Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/8/05 3:23 pm) : 

you could just say that he looks like every bald man in the world so shut up you know nothing,


Blogger Casey Dorrell said ... (8/8/05 12:32 am) : 

Good point and grammar. I think this search string bears you out:


Blogger dfadf said ... (5/11/10 5:54 am) : 

Microsoft Office
Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010 key
Office 2010 download
Office 2010 Professional
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010


post a comment