Friday, December 23, 2005

Searching for 'Da Wayne (Darwin #6)

Casey Dorrell

Casey - Entertainment Associate Tag

Just a few of the requests I remembered to jot down during this Christmas shopping season:

Customer: I'm looking for a CD

Casey: Sure.

Customer: Here you go.

*Customer hands Casey an piece of paper which has the name, "Glenn Starfonie" scribbled on it.*

Casey: Um . . . yep, I think it's probably Gwen Stefani you're looking for.

If you think about it, even the fictional name is mispelled - it'd probably be Starphonie.

-----------------------------------------------------

Customer: Do you have Lesserthans?

Casey: Nope . . . but we do have the Weakerthans.

-----------------------------------------------------

Customer: I'm looking for the new Hillary Simpson CD

Casey: Uh, OK.

Customer: I think it's called something like "I am Beautiful" or "I am Special"

*Casey gets the customer the CD "I am me" by Ashlee Simpson*

-----------------------------------------------------

See, the last one I really like because it serves as a nice commentary on the generic sameness of a lot of mainstream pop music. Hillary being Hillary Duff, and "I am Beautiful" being Christina Aguilera, with the actual intended purchase being Jessica Simpson's younger sister, Ashlee.

Download:
Clem Snide - Beautiful (Christina Aguilera cover)
Weakerthans - Plea From a Cat Named Virtue
Weakerthans - Psalm for Elks Lodge Last Call

Related Posts:
Darwin Languishes in Obscurity
Arguing With Darwin
Darwin was a Fraud
Darwin: 0 Casey: 3

Darwin Absent a Conversation in 2003

Comments on "Searching for 'Da Wayne (Darwin #6)"

 

Blogger robynhood said ... (23/12/05 10:52 am) : 

Hey,

Ahh its prob not gonna be online but I can sent it to your email or something once we are finished. Its basically just a cd for my family and friends but if other people wanna hear me sing, then thats awesome too. Add me to messenger or something or email me ur email:) v_2rchis@hotmail.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (24/12/05 10:26 am) : 

These are funny stories...I can remember on xmas my mother told me she went into a store to buy me an Ani DiFranco CD and asked the dude working there for "Juanita Franco"

I laughed my ass off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (24/12/05 5:08 pm) : 

Glenn Starfonie? that's priceless..

 

Blogger zhoujing0701 said ... (15/12/09 2:07 am) : 

christian louboutin
boots
high heels
womens boots
heels
women's shoes
knee boots
women's boots
black shoes
boots shoes
new shoes
high boots
black boots
manolo
Chloe
christian
----------------------------------------------
christian shoes
manolo blahnik
giuseppe zanotti
miu miu
christian louboutin pumps
christian shoes spring 2010
salvatore ferragamo
jimmy choo
choo shoes
christian louboutin shoes
christian louboutin pumps
manolo sale
blanhnik shoes
miu miu shoes
knee high boots
thigh high boots
knee high
pumps shoes
red shoes
brown shoes
leather shoes
louboutin size shoes
black leather shoes
leather shoes boots
designer shoes
women's sandals

 

Blogger Zheng junxai5 said ... (14/4/16 11:21 pm) : 

zhengjx20160415
michael kors handbags
coach outlet clearance
tiffany and co
gucci outlet
adidas superstar shoes
coach factorty outlet online
gucci handbgs
giuseppe zanotti outlet
kate spade handbags
burberry handbags
air jordan 4
cheap oakleys
polo ralph lauren outlet
oakley vault
louis vuitton handbags
ray ban outlet
michael kors purses
louis vuitton handbags
timberlands
christian louboutin sale
kate spade handbags
louis vuitton outlet
nike roshe run
cheap air jordans
ralph lauren outlet
hollister kids
coach outlet
nike blazers shoes
kids lebron shoes
nike running shoes for men
ray bans
burberry outlet online
ray ban
oakley outlet
nfl jerseys
north face jackets
tory burch outlet
nike sb janoski
coach factorty outlet online
fitflop shoes

 

post a comment