Monday, March 14, 2005

Predictions More Accurate Than Your Horoscope

Geoff Trainor

The Alexisonfire show was tonight (Hey look Casey, spelled it right this time) and it was damn good.

Casey and I met here at my house so that we could venture to un-explored territory (Myron's) together. Casey, being excited as he was to go to Myron's, forget his ID, which he needed to use his paypal receipt (don't ask). So together we ventured back to Millcove in adverse weather to seek Casey's much needed identity. Which meant we arrived at Myron's at approximately 8, just as the Fullblast finished their set. Neither of us were disappointed as neither of us really know the Fullblast.

Unrequited Love
The one that got away - Fullblast

We entered Myron's to receive a quick frisking for illegal goods (Ed note: they only frisked Casey cause he was so damn good looking - Casey). While I was getting my patting, Casey was receiving skepticism for his paypal receipt/ticket. But finally, we were let through and found, as I exptected, many a prostitot (that's for you Michelle).

Rise Against were the next to play, they had 2 pretty good songs, but the rest were nothing special. Not bad, but not that great. Alexisonfire on the other hand was quite good, at least for I. Casey felt somewhat let down as they played his favourite song by the group third in the ste, leaving room for disappointment. But you could tell by the crowd that Casey's disappointment did not spread.

Loud, underage, sweaty, obnoxious, semi-drunk teens = well worth 15 dollars for the ticket.

I'm cutting in to make this our first ever (whoo) joint posting. I don't really have much to add, except that the amount of underage drunks was surprisingly low - c'mon kids! So, Geoff pointed out while there that Rise Against sounded somewhat like Antiflag in their first song which was neat (See Geoff's profile, favorite bands), but most of their songs came from the land of generica. They also weren't very good at math, as their "last song" was actually four songs, without any proding or requests for an encore... Alexisonfire was pretty great, except that, like Geoff said, they played my favorite song early in, so it was a bit anticlimatic - guess they could have not played it at all. Overall, it was worth my 16 bucks, tho my biggest revelation of the night was that I prefer mellow music live.

Aww... look at the widdle puppies!

Apparently, one of the most popular pictures titled Myron's on the net- figured it was better than looking at the real thing...

Only notable ommision from Geoff's tale: During show, Geoff, as he watches lead singer (the non-singing, screaming one I think) shake sweat over the children, "Gee, I wish could get some guy's sweat all over me..." Later at the show: A sweaty youth walks by Geoff and delibrately wipes arm on him. Wish Granted - hoorah.

Comments on "Predictions More Accurate Than Your Horoscope"


Blogger mOe said ... (14/3/05 8:15 pm) : 

thankfully dude at the door did not frisk me. But I guess common sense must have kicked in (didn't know it was possible?) when I got rather pissed off that he automatically started OPENING MY BAG AS he's telling me he has to check it.
I too missed The Fullblast, which I admit I was a little dissapointed. The last time I saw them they gave a decent performance. Well.. of what little I saw.. but impressed I was anyhow.
I got there shortly after 8 too.

I'm still pissed about the bag thing. His retort to my attitude? "I guess people don't like other people opening their bags"
Gee, do ya fucking THINK asshole??
/angry rant

I am glad there was no frisking though. He would've gotten one in the junk for sure. And by 'one' I mean foot.


Blogger Casey Dorrell said ... (14/3/05 8:34 pm) : 

ha ha... yeah, we were with Rollins and Brandon the whole time (Rollins said he saw you) but I, alas, did not see you there.


Blogger Casey Dorrell said ... (14/3/05 8:35 pm) : 

And Tosha decided not to go.. exact quote: "nah, I won't go because I suck"


Anonymous Anonymous said ... (15/3/05 12:03 am) : 

I am forced to comment due to my life being threatened, but at the same time I am happy to see the site up. I was especially surprised to see Sebstian and Belle as a favorite band! Keep up the good work guys and let the music truth be known.


Anonymous Michelle said ... (15/3/05 1:12 am) : 

Geoff, you made my night. So thoughtful.


Blogger mOe said ... (15/3/05 7:02 am) : 

Dude, I didn't see ANY of you guys. (I obviously knew you & Geoff would be there though)

Ah well.


Blogger jon said ... (1/10/05 11:19 pm) : 

personalized horoscope info is so cheesy but we were looking at it anyway...why i dont know. I guess it is fun to play around online. Anyway, I saw your personalized horoscope posts and though it was cool...Alright, well...have a great night, I am back to personalized horoscope surfing LOL : )



Blogger dfadf said ... (5/11/10 5:39 am) : 

Microsoft Office
Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010 key
Office 2010 download
Office 2010 Professional
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010


Blogger Zheng junxai5 said ... (17/6/16 1:03 am) : 

nfl jerseys
air force 1 trainers
louis vuitton purses
michael kors outlet online
gucci outlet
nike blazers shoes
adidas running shoes
christian louboutin shoes
toms wedges
ed hardy outlet
coach outlet
christian louboutin sale
oakley vault
nike roshe run
coach factory outlet online
coach outlet
nike sb janoski
true religion sale
michael kors outlet clearance
air jordan shoes
christian louboutin sale
nike air max uk
coach outlet store online
oakley sunglasses wholesale
louis vuitton outlet online
ralph lauren
ghd hair straighteners
kate spade outlet
cheap jerseys
louis vuitton outlet online
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
nike air max
giuseppe zanotti outlet
rolex watches
cheap air jordans
adidas wings
ralph lauren outlet
lebron 13


post a comment