Saturday, March 05, 2005


Casey Dorrell

You know, I'm here at work (Futureshop) bored out of my mind, and there's this nagging question I can't shake: what the hell is wrong with you people? We've had the same Grandaddy CD in stock forever, only one copy. Buy it, damnit! It's a good CD.

Comments on "Punks..."


Blogger mOe said ... (5/3/05 8:32 pm) : 

I'm sorry to hear that.

I remember that CD.

That place still haunts me in my sleep...


Blogger Katie said ... (5/3/05 11:22 pm) : 

I've heard that Grandaddy is good....


Blogger Casey Dorrell said ... (5/3/05 11:43 pm) : 

yes, I have faith that if you lived here and had money you'd likely buy it Mel... I guess you aren't a punk - unless you want to be a punk.. alas.

And hi Katie, who are you? :)


Blogger Casey Dorrell said ... (6/3/05 12:45 am) : 

oops.. I thought that first post was mel... hmm.. well, you, moe are a punk because you never bought it. Shame on you.


Blogger Geoff Trainor said ... (6/3/05 3:46 am) : 

Well then, maybe I'll add it to my list of cds I take too long to buy.


Blogger Casey Dorrell said ... (6/3/05 3:47 am) : 

yeah, I think you already did tho.


Blogger Geoff Trainor said ... (6/3/05 3:55 am) : 

Wait a sec here, I have a nagging question. You are at work, likely over in the computer department typing this up. Who is in your music department helping those poor customers? Perhaps suggesting a great cd to them. (Although if you do that, and they don't get it back, I'll be mad, because I do want to get it sometime.)


Anonymous m.e. said ... (6/3/05 3:29 pm) : 

Case and Geoffica you are validated come visit me now......


Blogger mel said ... (7/3/05 2:49 am) : 

never heard of them, but I'll definately check them out now...for free of course. And yes, this actually is "the" mel.


Blogger Casey Dorrell said ... (7/3/05 3:15 am) : 

when did you aquire a "the" in front of your name? I should look into getting one of those.

Oh, and you're an uber-punk now for not know grandaddy.


Blogger mOe said ... (7/3/05 10:24 pm) : 

I'm really not sure how to respond to being mistaken for Mel. Mostly because I'm not entirely sure who Mel is.
You're right, that is one CD I have not bought (never bought?), and probably won't in the near future.
Partly because I too have an ever growing list of CD's I'm too damn lazy to buy... but have all the good intentions in the world (well, mostly) to some day buy.
Hi Katie.


Blogger mel said ... (8/3/05 1:56 am) : 

hey man, I do what I can. We all can't work selling music, return home and blog about music, all the while, listening to music. I'm a big word of mouth person. I keep my ears open, and now, from my more musically inclined friend (that being you) I know who grandaddy is. See how it works? Sometimes it lacks efficiency, but I usually get around to these things.

And, I get to be "the" mel, because apparently there's some moe imposter around passing himself off as me until the person reading his name stops to let his eyes focus. I'm flattered I jump to mind so quickly. :)


Blogger mOe said ... (8/3/05 6:51 am) : 

hey man, I'm a she!


Blogger Casey Dorrell said ... (8/3/05 1:26 pm) : 

ha ha, well, in my defense, I learn about music like Cicera or Ashlee Simpson at work, so it doesn't really count.


Blogger mel said ... (8/3/05 2:49 pm) : 

sorry moe, my bad. and casey, good point.


Blogger Katie said ... (9/3/05 1:42 am) : 

Who am I? I'm Moe's best friend. Also a music nut who learns about bands by word of mouth...


Blogger Casey Dorrell said ... (9/3/05 4:28 pm) : 

ah.. I figured it out after through ingenious detective work. You should keep coming to this site - it'd almost double our traffic! Plus you have a link to radio 3 on your site which means you're probably smart... theory being that people that listen to CBC are either old or smart (or Casey who is not either)


Blogger Casey Dorrell said ... (9/3/05 4:29 pm) : 

as evidenced by his inability to use the word "neither"


Blogger mOe said ... (9/3/05 9:41 pm) : 

Mel: You are forgiven. :)
Casey: gawd I so don't miss that aspect of work. I used to be happy my job consisted of music.
But that ain't music, which then led to my horrible dissapointment after realizing said fact.
*points and laughs at Casey for his inability to use the word "neither"*
This comment will make 19 for this post. A record for here I believe? I think I will celebrate by drinking beer. (ok, I was going to drink beer anyway)


Blogger Casey Dorrell said ... (9/3/05 10:29 pm) : 

some day they'll be 20 wihtout 10+ being me :P


Blogger mOe said ... (10/3/05 10:08 am) : 

It's only 8. And it's your blog, you're allowed to 'stack the coments'. :)


Blogger mOe said ... (10/3/05 10:09 am) : 

And some day I'll learn to spell good.


Blogger mel said ... (12/3/05 4:07 am) : 

I feel the need to point out that I've been listening to Grandaddy since the recommendation and have been enjoying it immensly. The only way I can see myself justifying buying their cd though, is if I come home for the summer and it's still at the future shop there. Just cause it'd make me smile.


Blogger Casey Dorrell said ... (14/3/05 11:31 pm) : 

Thanks to my tireless efforts (I've been complaining about this for quite a while now), a buyer has been secured. Next time I am in Futureshop, I will be buying it on said buyer's behalf. I am a pro. Love me.


Blogger dfadf said ... (5/11/10 5:41 am) : 

Microsoft Office
Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010 key
Office 2010 download
Office 2010 Professional
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010


post a comment