Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Jonesin' For Some Country

Geoff Trainor


Once there was a boy from Beaumont, Texas who dreamed of making it big.

"One day, I will play in front of thousands...well, let's not be greedy, hundreds...maybe, of people in the big city of Charottetown".

And so little Georgy, who was known then as Enrique, set off into the world to make music. Little did he know that his sound would reach more than just the small island province, but make a huge impact in the country scene of North America.

Well, it took over 50 years, but Enrique's dream has been realized. Tagged as a hardcore county artist, George Jones (stage name of course) will be making a Canadian tour this year, starting in September. He makes an appearance at the Charlottetown Civic Center November 3rd.

Jones isn't exactly my cup of tea. If I'm in the mood for some old school country, I listen to Cash, but I wanted to make this known. I'm sure a lof of people will be excited about the show. I for one will be picking up tickets for said concert for my mommy. I might even get here to make a couple comments I can post for all you folks.

Foo Fighters Update: The name of Foo Fighters fifth double disc album has been released. "In Your Honor" will hit stores in June, on RCA. The name of the first single is still unknown, but Liam Lynch, who has worked with the Foos before, is slated as director for the accompanying video. Grohl has this to say about the new project.

"It is by far the most ambitious project I have ever had anything to do with in my entire life"

*This is completely on topic, since I never mentioned George Jones in the title, just Jonesin', and Foo Fighters have two Jones slated to appear on the new album. We here at Mocking Music know all the loopholes, so we can exploit every post to the fullest.