Saturday, May 20, 2006

Richard Kelly La La Loves Pixies, Radiohead

Calum Marsh

I sure do love when popular music is used in a movie. Southland Tales, the new Palme D'or-nominated feature by Richard Kelly (Donnie Darko), is set to feature a reasonably solid soundtrack of popular indie tracks from the past twenty years. Kelly, in a move that might seem just a tad excessive, is currently writing six Southland Tales prequels (they're graphic novels, not films, but still), one of which just happens to be titled 'Wave Of Mutilation'. I'm still waiting for Donnie Darko II: Where Is Your Mind?.

Here's the soundtrack so far:

Radiohead - Planet Telex
Pixies - Wave Of Mutilation
Blur - Tender
Jane's Addiction - Three Days
The Killers - All These Things That I've Done

Hmm. One of those doesn't quite fit. Okay, let's settle on Donnie Darko III: Hot Fuss.

The Killers - All These Things That I've Done
Radiohead - Vanilla Idiot (Mash-Up)
Pixies - Where Is My Mind?

The Killers - Hot Fuss
Radiohead - Kid A
Donnie Darko - DVD

Settling The Score

Comments on "Richard Kelly La La Loves Pixies, Radiohead"


Blogger Casey Dorrell said ... (20/5/06 10:50 pm) : 

Weird, I am watching Donnie Darko right now.


Blogger Calum Marsh said ... (20/5/06 11:28 pm) : 

I'm watching Donnie Darko IV: The Bends.

I think I'll go watch Donnie Darko right now, in fact.


Blogger jer fairall said ... (20/5/06 11:32 pm) : 

"All These Things I've Done" doesn't fit? Best radio single of the last two years, I still say, and quite possibly one of the decade's very finest. Don't let all of the magazine covers and Gucci poses fool you: these guys are ace pop songwriters.

I must say that I found the presence of The Rock, Seann William Scott and *gulp* Justin Timerblake in the cast puzzling, to put it mildly. But I could still hardly be looking forward to a movie more.


Anonymous Anonymous said ... (24/3/09 5:05 am) : 

I knew the Metin2 gold so I always try my best to earn them more and more to make myself strong. I have never played the game before, at the beginning I did not know what is so I went to kill the monsters with the Metin2 yang that I earned with myself in the game. I will duty bound to a friend to help brush the Cheap metin2 yang together with my friends. I spend a good relationship is then fly to tears. If my levels are very high, I can go to Buy metin2 gold more and more and I will not depend on my friends to help me to earn them. I get some Cheap metin2 gold as the gifts to encourage me.


Blogger Adi said ... (25/11/09 12:00 am) : 

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa


Anonymous Anonymous said ... (26/6/10 9:26 pm) : 

vuitton handbags
is popular among Women. louis vuitton for sale
are the latest addition from French designers, not anybody can allow the Louis Vuitton Sunglasses
because for some it's costs are even agnate to their account salary Mahina


Anonymous Buy Temodal said ... (11/2/11 7:28 am) : 

Great stuff from you, man. Ive read your stuff before and youre just too awesome. I love what youve got here, love what youre saying and the way you say it. You make it entertaining and you still manage to keep it smart. I cant wait to read more from you. This is really a great blog.


Anonymous Buy Tricor said ... (11/2/11 7:30 am) : 

Thank you for sharing information. It is quite useful for us also. I always love to read such type of things.


post a comment