Wednesday, May 03, 2006

CRIA Losing Independent Support

Geoff Trainor

This is just a small follow-up to John's post from Monday.

It is not only the members of the CMCC that are upset with the way the Canadian Recording Industry Association are handling things.

On April 12th, six indie labels, The Children's Group, Linus Entertainment, True North Records, Nettwerk Records, Anthem Records, and Aquarius have resigned from the CRIA. They disagreed with proposed changes to Canadian content rules, saying it would cause a "negative effect on the future growth of Canadian independent music."


Billy Talent Is Just One Of The Artists Managed By Nettwerk

Ric Arboit, Nettwerk president, is opposed to punishing fans for downloads.

"We do not want to be a member of an organization that advocates suing its customer. We have never sued anybody, and all our music is open source to encourage fans to share it with others and help us promote our artists. As per those artists we manage on other labels (majors), we take issue with those labels claiming that litigating our fans is in our interest, as it clearly is not."

Download:
Billy Talent - Devil in a Midnight Mass (From Upcoming Billy Talent II)
Billy Talent - Beachballs

Buy:
Billy Talent - Billy Talent II (June 27th)

Related:
New Canadian Copyright Laws?
Ryan Adams Is On The Prowl

Comments on "CRIA Losing Independent Support"

 

Anonymous rollins said ... (4/5/06 9:22 pm) : 

does anyone have mp3's of Pezz, (billy talent before the name change)

 

Blogger Casey Dorrell said ... (4/5/06 9:35 pm) : 

I think Geoff does actually.

 

Blogger Geoff Trainor said ... (5/5/06 12:29 am) : 

All I have is Pezz doing a cover of New Orleans is Sinking.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (24/3/09 5:34 am) : 

I knew the Metin2 gold so I always try my best to earn them more and more to make myself strong. I have never played the game before, at the beginning I did not know what is so I went to kill the monsters with the Metin2 yang that I earned with myself in the game. I will duty bound to a friend to help brush the Cheap metin2 yang together with my friends. I spend a good relationship is then fly to tears. If my levels are very high, I can go to Buy metin2 gold more and more and I will not depend on my friends to help me to earn them. I get some Cheap metin2 gold as the gifts to encourage me.

 

Blogger Zheng junxai5 said ... (14/4/16 11:20 pm) : 

zhengjx20160415
michael kors handbags
coach outlet clearance
tiffany and co
gucci outlet
adidas superstar shoes
coach factorty outlet online
gucci handbgs
giuseppe zanotti outlet
kate spade handbags
burberry handbags
air jordan 4
cheap oakleys
polo ralph lauren outlet
oakley vault
louis vuitton handbags
ray ban outlet
michael kors purses
louis vuitton handbags
timberlands
christian louboutin sale
kate spade handbags
louis vuitton outlet
nike roshe run
cheap air jordans
ralph lauren outlet
hollister kids
coach outlet
nike blazers shoes
kids lebron shoes
nike running shoes for men
ray bans
burberry outlet online
ray ban
oakley outlet
nfl jerseys
north face jackets
tory burch outlet
nike sb janoski
coach factorty outlet online
fitflop shoes

 

post a comment