Monday, March 13, 2006

The Woman Who Sold The Rights

Geoff Trainor

All I can say is, it's about time. Courtney Love, widow of Nirvana's Kurt Cobain and ex-Hole frontwoman, has recently said that she plans to sell a share of her rights to Nirvana's back catalogue. Does this mean that the rights might get to where (this humble mocker thinks) they belong, into the hands of band members Grohl and Novoselic? Sorry, to get you excited, but it isn't likely.

Love told NME,

"I have decided that I need some co-management and a strategic partner (to help me]) as it's such a huge responsibility. This is the right thing to do for my family...whoever I do this deal with, I really have to like."



I really have to like? Well, that takes Grohl out of the picture. The two have been feuding over the rights ever since Cobain's death in 1994. Both appearing on radio talks shows like Howard Stern and speaking openly about their dislike for one another.

It does seem like a step in the right direction. Still, what are the motives behind this sudden change oh heart? I guess Love's debut solo adventure, America's Sweetheart, didn't do as well as she had hoped.

The March 12th edition of The Sunday Mirror reports that she's thinking of selling "25 per cent of the catalogue for quite a lot of money."

Download:
Nirvana - Aneurysm (Demo Version)
Nirvana - Return of the Rat (Outtake)
Foo Fighters - My Hero (Acoustic on Howard Stern)
Foo Fighters - Stacked Actors (Inspired by Courtney Love)

Buy:
Nirvana - With The Lights Out
Foo Fighters - In Your Honor

Comments on "The Woman Who Sold The Rights"

 

Blogger michele said ... (13/3/06 7:32 pm) : 

Wow people are fighting over who gets the rights to crappy music?
I swear the world is coming to an end.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (14/3/06 2:39 am) : 

Wow, another crappy comment? I swear the map of the world is covering the entire top of your site michele.

 

Blogger burningoak.com said ... (14/3/06 4:09 am) : 

Personally, Courtney love is high on my list of people that the world would be better left without. I agree with you, she has no rights to the music anyways, they should have been her daughters at the very least. She's a bad bad woman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (24/3/09 5:56 am) : 

Later my friends told me that if I want to play the game better I should go to earn the Perfect World Gold, so I was very quickly risen to thirty levels, and then I started to play the game alone.I go to Buy Perfect World Gold to treat myself in this game. However she was also very sad when I was hurt, she was sorry about this to me and I did not complain her at last. I was very happy and we went to earn the Perfect World Silver to equip us to become strong. Today I play the game again and I can get a lot of Perfect World money for her, I take her to upgrade and then add her experience. I have a lot of cheap Perfect World Gold and I want to give her in the game, i can have a lot of pw gold if my skills of playing the game well.

 

Blogger qinbincai123 said ... (16/4/12 11:37 pm) : 

The afternoon grows light because at kirefg88 last,Abruptly a minutely shredded rain
Is falling, or it fell. For once again,Rain is something happening in the past.
Wholesale New Era Hats
Cheap 59fifty Hats
Cheap New Era Hats
New Era Snapback Hats
New Era Fitted Hats

 

Blogger Zheng junxai5 said ... (17/6/16 12:33 am) : 

zhengjx20160617
gucci outlet
louis vuitton purses
adidas running shoes
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet
replica rolex watches
kobe 10
lebron 12
nike uk
michael kors
coach outlet online
longchamp outlet
ladies cartier watches
air jordan shoes
nike running shoes for men
celine handbags
louis vuitton handbags
coach outlet
instyler
oakley vault
oakley outlet
louis vuitton handbags
coach outlet store online
cheap jerseys
christian louboutin wedges
concords 11
nike free 5.0
toms shoes
coach factory outlet online
kate spade handbags
oakley sunglasses
nike store
coach outlet online
asics shoes for men
nike store uk
adidas stan smith
toms outlet
nike roshe run mens

 

post a comment