Tuesday, May 24, 2005

U2 Plans To Fix Past Mistakes

Geoff Trainor

The Worst Album U2 ever put outAfter a bit of time to collect my thoughts on Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, I have returned to the land of Mocking Music with a little bit of U2 news.

Back in 1997, U2 released what many (mainly me) believe to be their worst album, Pop. It turns out Bono was hurt by my dislike of Pop and wanted to regain my faith. So, he plans on re-making the little album that couldn't.

Hiding like a Sith Lord
Bono trying to hide in shame, embarrased about my thoughts on Pop
In an interview with Chicago Tribune he had the following to say,

"There is still talk about the band going back in and fixing 'Pop', actually going in because the bones of a great album are there. It didn't communicate the way it was intended to. It became a niche record. That's not what it was intended to be. If we'd just had another month, we could have finished it. We did a really bad thing. We let the manager book the tour, known in this camp as the worst decision U2 ever made, and we had to wrap up the album sooner than we wanted. There were great ideas on that album . . . we didn't have the discipline to screw the thing down."

Going on to say, "It really hit home when discovery was made of Geoff's disapproval, which is what made me finally decide to go back and fix it. Geoff, I'd like to openly say I'm sorry. Please, forgive us."

Sounds like good news . . . next they can work on fixing 'How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb', which they are currently on tour supporting.

U2 - Sunday, Bloody Sunday (A great U2 song from a far superior album)

Related Posts:
Always Two There Is, a Rock Star And a Politician