Friday, May 27, 2005

A Short Essay by Mr. Cuomo

Rivers Cuomo

Introduction to this post by Casey: There's been a lot of debate about the new Weezer album since it came out. The split seems to be about 50/50 on whether it's good or not. Of course, half of you are wrong, but I forgive you. Here to set the record straight is our very special guest mocker, Rivers Cuomo. The following is a short essay written by Cuomo upon completion of his Harvard writing course, originally entitled, "Why Make Believe is a Pretty Lousy Album" but it has since been set to music and renamed "Best Friend":

Exploding Robot

When everything is wrong
I come talk to you
you make things alright
when I'm feelin' blue

You are such a blessing
and I won't be messing
with the one thing that brings light
to all my darkness

You're my best friend
and I love you (love you)
and I love you (love you)
yes I do

The is no other one
who can take your place
I feel happy inside
when I see your face

I hope you believe me
'cause I speak sincerely
and I mean it when I tell you
that I need you

You're my best friend
and I love you (love you)
and I love you (love you)
yes I do

I'm here right beside you
I will never leave you
and I feel the pain you feel
when you start crying

You're my best friend
and I love you (love you)
and I love you (love you)
yes I do

You're my best friend
and I love you (love you)
and I love you (love you)
yes I do
yes I do
yes I do


If you're looking for an amusing exercise in imaginative writing and creative liscense read this review of Make Believe. Also if you download "Best Friend" to put in a mix, I suggest you add the equally ingenius song, Graduation, by the lyrical mastermind, Vitamin C.

When Cuomo isn't busy writing essays and touring, he can be found at his own blog, "1480919"

Download:
Weezer - Best Friend (From Make Believe)
Vitamin C - Graduation [Class of 200 Remix] [Instrumental]
Because I feel badly about the above downloads, here's a 30 song live Wilco set:
Wilco - May 20th, 2004

Related Posts:
Weezer, R.I.P.

Comments on "A Short Essay by Mr. Cuomo"

 

Blogger Geoff Trainor said ... (27/5/05 3:24 am) : 

You know you'd like it if exploding dog did the cover!

 

Blogger George said ... (27/5/05 8:09 am) : 

Like the added Vitamin C song in there.. haha.. lmfao, ttyl, <---------- Fucking hate those things... They are in the line for tickets right now..
PS. It's Hammer Time.

 

Blogger Casey Dorrell said ... (27/5/05 8:45 am) : 

hah

 

Blogger George said ... (27/5/05 1:37 pm) : 

Ps.. it cost an extra $50 bucks i guess. some kinda of charge... So you owe me geek... sorry. didnt know about... (or am i trying to rip you off?)..... it.

 

Anonymous Casey said ... (27/5/05 5:50 pm) : 

This better not be like the George tax or something.

 

Blogger George said ... (27/5/05 8:05 pm) : 

Along those lines..... maybe.. haha.. I am lebanese.

 

Blogger dfadf said ... (5/11/10 5:50 am) : 

Microsoft Office
Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010 key
Office 2010 download
Office 2010 Professional
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010

 

post a comment