Sunday, January 01, 2006

Paul Martin Creates Higher Un-Employment: See Bono

Geoff Trainor

Bono Brings SuppliesIrish rock star Bono fears his passion for humanitarian causes may be cause for his dismissal from U2. Bono has revealed that his recent involvement in Live8 and the Make Poverty History campaign, among other numerous causes, may be putting a strain on the band.

Bono explains,

"There was one point where I thought, 'I'm going to be thrown out of the band for this stuff. [U2 were] hugely supportive spiritually and financially of the work I do, but they are in a rock 'n' roll band and the first job of a rock 'n' roll band is not to be dull. So we have to be very careful about just letting me go too far. People just openly jeered and I felt like I was a weight around my band's neck for doing this kind of work."

Not only was he afraid that he'd be forced to quit the band for his commitment to his causes, but he also worried he may be wearing out the audience, but not too much. Bono has been known to talk about his causes while on-stage during U2 concerts.

"People are smart out there. They know what you are doing, they know the compromises you are making, they get it. Our audience feels like they have a stronger voice through me, and the band can see that."

Seems like an odd thing to worry about, if you ask me. Would be like Nirvana throwing out Kurt Cobain, Green Day throwing out Billy-Joe, or Guns N' Roses throwing out Axl Rose...oh...wait.

In closing I present to you the second Mocking Music remix:

Download:
Mocking Music - Hands That Built America Remix (U2)
Green Day - Life During Wartime
Nirvana - Laundry Room

Buy:
U2 - How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Green Day - Bullet in a Bible
Nirvana - With the Lights Out

Related:
Always Two There Is, A Rock Star And A Politician

Comments on "Paul Martin Creates Higher Un-Employment: See Bono"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/1/06 2:56 am) : 

I just wanted to let you know that I picked your site to rent my blog. Thanks for visiting! :)

- Sheila (http://fallenstar.brightlycolored.net)

 

Anonymous parated2k said ... (2/1/06 3:34 am) : 

Bono has every right to further whatever cause he chooses, however, he's completely forgotten that his causes are not U2, and U2 fans are not at concerts to get preached to.

I really like U2, but I won't go see them as long as their concerts are nothing more than political rallies with U2 music as a soundtrack.

Great article!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/1/06 6:45 am) : 

No problem. :) And thanks for noting my little blunder there. That's what I get for going by the downloaded name. Heh...later.

- Sheila (http://fallenstar.brightlycolored.net)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (24/3/09 5:27 am) : 

sometimes you can go to earn the mabinogi gold for your own life and you can also get a lot of happiness in the game if you play the game well. you can brush the cheap mabinogi to upgrade and then you are very strong. You think that you want to play the game well and then you can get the mabinogi money for your own. you can go to buy mabinogi gold alone and you can give some for your friends; it can make you very happy I think. As long as you play the game you can get the mabinogi online gold as the rewards in this game.

 

post a comment