Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Metric Master Craft

Casey Dorrell


Jesse Keeler is best known as the bassist, keyboardist, and vocalist for the ass kicking rock duo, Death from Above 1979. Keeler is also making a name for himself as a producer and remixer, having already worked with bands like Magneta Lane, Buck 65, and Metric.

Keeler, with his buddy Al Puodziukas (APZ), owns his own studio in Toronto, oh-so-cleverly dubbed MSTRKRFT (yes, pronounced Mastercraft). Together, Keeler and Puodziukas are . . . MSTRKRFT. I'm not clear on whether they're named after their studio or vice versa or, for that matter, if it really makes any difference.

A lot of remixers are used to beef up the radio-appeal of a given song, but apparently not MSTRKRFT. Keeler explains,
Sometimes, I'm confused when people are taking to us about remixes because I realize that that's maybe what they're asking us to do (remix for radio) and I don't really know if we know how to do that. Right now, I'm just keeping things cool because that's something we do more naturally. That probably sounds pretty arrogant. (Our remixes are) much more dance-oriented.
The latest release by MSTRKRFT comes out in two days on January 6th. It's a single for their track "Easy Love" which also includes a remix of Metric's single, "Monster Hospital". Download the remix here, and buy the single here on Friday.

MSTRKRFT are set to release a full-length later this year, and Death From Above 1979 are also returning to the studio in 2006.

Also, I've been watching the movie, Malibu Express, while typing up this post. The movie may be the greatest thing ever made. Really. It's that good.

mstrkrft download removed as we're the number 1 hit for several search strings looking for the remixes and we'd rather not be p2p alternative.

Metric - Monster Hospital (MSTRKRFT Remix)
Buck 65 - Kennedy Killed the Hat (MSTRKRFT Remix)
Death from Above 1979 - Little Girl

File Under: What the Heck?

Comments on "Metric Master Craft"


Blogger Geoff Trainor said ... (4/1/06 2:28 pm) : 

Someday, MSTRKRFT might even reach Mocking Music's level in remix quality.


Blogger Casey Dorrell said ... (4/1/06 11:53 pm) : 



Blogger Michael said ... (11/1/06 8:59 pm) : 

thanks for that metric remix, I've been looking for it all over.


Anonymous Anonymous said ... (24/3/09 4:32 am) : 

Later my friends told me that if I want to play the game better I should go to earn the Perfect World Gold, so I was very quickly risen to thirty levels, and then I started to play the game alone.I go to Buy Perfect World Gold to treat myself in this game. However she was also very sad when I was hurt, she was sorry about this to me and I did not complain her at last. I was very happy and we went to earn the Perfect World Silver to equip us to become strong. Today I play the game again and I can get a lot of Perfect World money for her, I take her to upgrade and then add her experience. I have a lot of cheap Perfect World Gold and I want to give her in the game, i can have a lot of pw gold if my skills of playing the game well.


Anonymous Anonymous said ... (26/6/10 9:35 pm) : 

I will be totally in love with the fabulous sporty shoes like Hogan scarpe
. The house of Hogan scarpe uomo
is known for its casual-chic sneakers for him as well as her, you want to pick hogan donna
and try it out, and you can opt for Hogan scarpe donna
along with try it out.


Blogger Zheng junxai5 said ... (17/6/16 12:51 am) : 

toms shoes outlet online
polo ralph lauren outlet
celine outlet
louis vuitton purses
air jordan 4
michael kors outlet online
longchamp outlet
coach outlet
nike sb dunks
jordan 11
louis vuitton
true religion outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
nike free uk
cheap ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton purses
coach outlet
coach outlet
tory burch boots
north face jackets
michael kors outlet
abercrombie and fitch
polo ralph lauren
nike roshe one
michael kors outlet clearance
jordan retro 11
coach outlet
jordan 3s
toms wedges
ralph lauren home
louis vuitton outlet
kate spade handbags
coach factory outlet online
ralph lauren outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
air max
supra footwear
coach outlet


post a comment